Saturday 30 May 2015

ArduSat; Arduino in Space.

Well I don't know about you but I love Electronics, Arduino, TI LaunchPad, Freescale FRDM Platform and every other development board out there and I get up to 10 e-mails a day from all the popular electronic stores and the like and I got one the other day and I was instantly hooked. It was about Arduinos and Space, NASA's Curiosity Rover team member Luke Dubord and our very own Jonathan Oxer from "Freetronics", it was Freetronics that sent the e-mail and I use a bit of his gear in my robotics development etc. All of my robots use the Arduino Platform, I have a few genuine boards and a lot of clones but it is all Arduino based. I have ordered all of the components and I will be playing with them in a very low orbit, ie my computer room, but you must check it out,
https://www.ardusat.com and also check out;
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GHMTXiDqoA
and another one to look at is;
www.edn.com/electronics-blogs/esc/4439386/13-engineering-truths-proved-by-NASA-s-Curiosity-Rover
This should be the link to the e-mail online;
http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=6c6eae339297e03e05631429d&id=6fe06ca8b0&e=106891729c
just copy and paste it into your browser, it worked perfectly for me.

The sensors that you will need include a Luminosity Sensor, Temperature Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Ultraviolet Light Sensor and Infrared Thermopile but one of them is a 10DOF IMU Sensor Module that has a number of the sensors built into it, I got mine from Core Electronics in Australia on eBay for $24.00AUD but they are available on eBay from China for a lot less, I like to shop at home as much as I can.

The Ardusat site has most of the information required and links to github for the Arduino libraries etc needed for all of the sensors and example sketches to test them and away you go, some of the best education information that I have found on the Internet from anywhere in the world about electronics and Arduino, it's a must.

Cheers, Terry.

No comments:

Post a Comment