Saturday 7 March 2015

Introduction.

G'Day,
My name is Terrence but most people call me "TJ", I a retired (Medically) Automotive Engineer, I'm a licensed Automotive Electrician, Motor Mechanic, Automotive Refrigeration Mechanic, NSW RTA Authorised Rego Inspector and I taught at TAFE NSW for 12 years. As the local Bosch Warranty agent for many years I did a huge part of my training at the Bosch training facility in Clayton Victoria. One of my hobbies is Photography so I did the Diploma of Professional Photography but it is still a hobby so I don't loose my love for it. The other hobby is Electronics, I have made hundreds of kits from Dick Smith, Jaycar, Altronics, Elektor and most of the magazines in Australia, USA, GB and Europe but I had a spell from both of my hobbies for a while but I am now getting back into them as my health improves.
My grandson, Tristan, asked me a question early 2014 "did I know hot to write a computer program like a game or adventure and my answer had to be no but I would research it for him, I'm the family electronics and computer nerd so they tend to come to me for this style of thing. Little did I know just where that simple question would lead me, I found Arduino development boards, Raspberry Pi, Beagle Bone Black, Banana Pi, TI's Launchpad, Freescale FRDM development boards, I was hooked, totally but my grandson wasn't. He likes to play with my projects but not to build them and program them. I am now in the very steep learning curve of C, C++, IoT, Home Automation, you name it I'm learning about it and I own at least one of the popular Arduino boards and most every other board out there.
My main area of interest at the moment is Robots, Rolling Robots and that is just the start, I'm even using a Banana PI with Lemaker.Org's Ubuntu Image on a 32GB SD card to do this blog, actually that is the main reason for this is my adventures in electronics using Arduino, TI's Lanchpad you know the list so lets have a bit of fun and a laugh on the way.
Cheers, TJ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment